Friday, October 16, 2009

Math rock


Me

+


Conor Oberst (and those other guys)

+


the Greek theater

+


free tickets

=


Jubilation!

I love free tickets. They make up for the ones I had to buy. I like to think that my presence at their show is a musician's reason for living. Literally. Without my ticket purchase, these artists wouldn't be able to buy toilet paper. And there is no one on earth that will deny the value of toilet paper.

I know I called the Monsters of Folk album a few dirty names in a previous post but do recall two things: 1) this is a free ticket and 2) this is my cult figure love. Please refer to the above equation for further clarification. 

So the concert calender for the following weeks read as so:
10/18 Monsters of Folk at the Greek
10/21 Choir of Young  Believers at Spaceland
10/22 Jason Lytle at the Echoplex
10/28 Le Loup at the Echo
10/29 Alela Diane at the Echo
10/30 Dead Man's Bones at the Echo
11/7 Or, the Whale at Echo Curio

If I were in the country and not gallivanting around in Japan, I would be at the following shows:
11/14 Pinback at the El Rey
11/17 Loch Lomond at the Bootleg Theater in downtown
11/21 Friendly Fires with the xx at the Henry Fonda Music Box

But sadly (not really), I will be in Tokyo and expecting it to be like Times Square NY on acid.

No comments: