Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tokyo-->Los Angeles


(Scanned postcard? Nope.)

I've returned from the lush green and red of Japan's foliage and I still want to marry my J-pop star idol. I didn't commit any international acts of kidnapping or poltical overthrows, hence my ability to post this entry. December will mark a return of fluid reviews. As a sign of my triumph escape through US Customs, here's a track by a Japanese band called OOIOO. Despite their band origin, their music is about as stereotypical un-Japanese as you can get. Tribal drumming and chanting, frentic beats, and downright psychedlic, they're pretty fun. For four little Asian girls, they pack a punch.



And just for kicks, here's a throwback to 2004.

1 comment:

Leang said...

props for mentioning OOIOO! they're a weird little band. i was on this OOIOO kick a while back and kept listening to Honki Ponki til my ears bled. i think it was on the armonica hewa album. nice pic too.